Infection Control- How we protect you
In light of the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic, we are taking great measures to ensure your safety!
Everyone needs to be protected- you, your dentist, and the dental team.
Dr. Patil and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- CDC and EPA approved high level disinfectant that is harmless and non-toxic to humans- Elctrolyzed Salt Water or Hypochlorus. This will be used to clean our air and surfaces.
- We are implementing consistent spraying of (hypochlorous) throughout our offices. Hypochlorous is a natural and organic disinfectant that has potential to kill viruses and bacteria. It’s safe for humans because it’s all-natural, non-toxic, and can actually be found in the human body. What is hypochlorous exactly? Also known as HOCI (the chemical makeup), is actually inside every human body as we speak. Your white blood cells produce it when an infection takes place. Think of it as helping your white blood cells to prevent contracting the virus. Naturally, we will be spraying it in the offices to disinfect.
- State of the art Molekule air purifiers in every operatory.
- Isolation curtains to further reduce aerosols transmission.
- Sterisil Straw V2– waterline disinfection that kills bacteria with shock treatment.
- Reducing Dental Aerosols with the use of IsoDry Mouthpieces and PureVac and Nu-Bird Mirror High Velocity Evacuation systems
- Gloves, face masks, face shields, surgical gowns and surgical caps.
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and all surfaces using Optim 1 Wipes
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use.
- Single Use materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces. We have state of the art autoclaves, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
Dr. Patil, Dr. Kachachi and our Team spend hours training on the best and latest infection control systems.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
We welcome all questions about our infection control systems and are happy to give you a tour of our dental office!
Here are some links to the latest information available: